An N.C.C coy is functioning from 1982-83 session which is affiliated to 09(O)BN.N.C.C. Rourkela with an enrolment of 100 (Both Boys & Girls) cadets at present. It aims at developing leadership character, idea of service, to create a force of disciplined and trained man-power which in National Emergency could be of assistance.
N. C. C. Officer:--
1. MD. Hamid.
Motto of NCC
�UNITY AND DISCIPLINE� (Ekta aur Anushasan)
The need for having motto for the Corps was discussed in the 11th Central Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting held on 11 Aug 1978. The final decision for selection of �Unity and Discipline� as motto for the NCC was taken in the 12th CAC meeting held on 12 Oct 1980..
HOW TO JOIN NCC
1. Enrolment to Army Wing N.C.C. is open to all students who satisfy the prescribed levels of physical fitness.
2. The students desirous of enrolling themselves should be between the age group of 14 to 16 years of age and should be in the 1st year of +2 or +3 Class.
3. Preference is given to students with experience in Junior Division N.C.C. or in Scouts and Guides.
4. Students with the certificate in NCC and possession of various camp certificates are given preference over other general Cadets.
5. Enrolment forms can be had from NCC officer of the College. Enrolment forms duly filled in, must reach the NCC Officer before the scheduled date fixed for it.
6. Training commences usually in the month of July or August and continues for six months in an academic year. The NCC classes are held on every Sunday between 7.30 A.M. to 11.30 A.M inside the College Campus. Training is given on Drill, Weapon, Map Reading, Field Craft and First Aid.
7. In addition to the lectures and demonstrations, various outdoor training camps are organized during an academic year. They include camps like Republic Day camps, National Integration Camps, Trekking and Mountaineering, Parasailing, Basic leadership Camps, Army Attachment Camps, Cycle Expedition and Annual Training Camps, etc.
8. Refreshment and washing allowance for the cadets will be provided during the period of training.
9. Students with NCC certificate are always given preference over other students in competitive examinations. A graduate with certificate in N.C.C. is eligible for direct Commission in the Army.Students with and certificate in NCC are given, weightage over and above the marks secured by them for admission into the +2 and +3 classes of Govt. College.